What is Awakening?
Have you experienced any type of awakening in your life? I know I have on several occasions but, what is awakening?
We are told that awakening is a state of consciousness but, how do we attain that state of consciousness and ultimately, sustain it?
The word Buddha comes from the Sanskrit word Budh, meaning, "to be awake." So Buddha is not a name and ultimately not a person, but a state of consciousness.
Is Awakening a shift in consciousness in which thinking and awareness separate?
It seems that awakening is more a process people go through rather than an event that happenns suddenly.
One thing "Awakened" people have in common is that they feel they've gone through a transformation and everything becomes integrated in their lives.
It seems to me, through the several awakening moments I've experienced, in my moments of awakening, I am no longer lost in my thinking but recognize myself as the awareness behind it.
At that point, thinking ceases to be a self-serving autonomous activity that takes possession of me and runs my life and awareness takes over from thinking.
At the point of awakening, thinking is no longer in charge of my life, thinking becomes the servant of awareness. I am in my Presence and have consciousness without thought.
How do I initiate the awakening process?
The awakening process, I believe, is an act of Grace. You can not make it happen, prepare for it, or in any way influence it to come.
The logical mind would like to have a sequence of logical steps to get to it but, as it is outside the logical mind, that just won't work.
Are you awakening?
Here are some symptoms that you are awakening:
- You are no longer certain what your outer purpose is. What drives the world no longer drives you. You may feel somewhat alienated from the culture around you or feel that you are in a no-man's-land between two worlds.
- Feelings of sadness or loss. As you move into new energetic levels of being, you will feel a loss of the familiar energies you are used to. This is normal and will pass.
- Sudden change in job or career. A lot of people are going through this very common symptom right now. As you change, things around you will change as well. Don’t worry about finding the “perfect” job or career right away. As you continue to transition, you may make several job changes before you settle into one that fits your passion.
- Physical disorientation. At times you’ll feel "spacially challenged" and very ungrounded. This feeling comes about because your body sometimes lags behind as you transition to a new energy level. I find, spending more time in nature helps to ground me.
- A Loss of passion. At times you may feel totally un-impassioned, with little or no desire to do anything. That’s OK. It’s all just part of the transition process. Take this time to be unproductive. Don’t fight yourself on this. You need the down-time. It’s similar to rebooting your computer. You need to shut down for brief periods of time in order to load the sophisticated new software, or in this case, the new higher energy.
Here are some more things I feel are signs of people who are awakening:
You believe you were born to UNLEASH your full infinite potential — in health, happiness, love & abundance.
You feel your old ways of thinking are distancing you from the life of your dreams.
You long to thrive in your life, instead of just surviving.
YOU believe you were born for greatness… and long to live an incredibly abundant, healthy and happy life, no matter what your current circumstances.
You're ready to embrace your true greatness and begin manifesting all you desire in life – wealth, abundance, loving relationships, inner joy, vitality – everything.
I don't have all the answers. All I know it that I want to UNLEASH my Infinite Potential. I was born for greatness and I'm on my path to activate my Greatness in the world.
Find me on Facebook